Sunday 27 July 2014

The venue

We went to meet the assistant manager for Sentosa for the venue visit for our wedding yesterday. A good thing is that we sneaked in during an impromptu site visit couple of weeks ago and decided that we already want this place. That coupled with these stunning photos, we are sure we want this place.

This place is none other than the former Jewel Box, now called Faber Peak.


Look at the marvellous view!


And we have free access to the veranda too!

I really wanted a place away from town and it definitely cannot be a hotel. I am simply not into those conventional hotel types of weddings and the handful of hotels that are within our budget are just that few, not to mention it'll all be those same old, same old.

As conveyed, I really want a garden theme. Too bad my first choice of Alkaff Mansion already has the date booked. Even the lawn area is taken up too. Making do with Faber peak doesn't compromise too much on my side. Here is how it will look like.


Christina came to meet us yesterday too. And good O her brought up a lot of good points that I would have overlooked. She asked for a Cantonese dishes instead of Teochew because the entire menu would have looked too cheap, even though the cost per table is a whopping amount of $1,380++. The assistant manager too agree that for such a low cost menu, the calling price at the above amount is really too high. She could only regretfully say that the food is catered from the Sentosa food group which doesn't make sense to me because they are all from the same company after all.

In addition, we could move the reception to the lawn too since we are already booking the lawn at $888++, we might as well use it for the reception too. We readily agreed.

The meeting proved to be very fruitful because we have already firmed up a lot of other things. Some of the things included items needed in the 过大礼 which thankfully, was told where to get them- Chinatown market!

I was also asked about what type of music and what songs I would like to play for my solemnization and my march-ins. I was amazed. I did not even think about those because I would have thought that the event manager for the venue would have settled it. But I guess it would be better for me to download and play all of my own songs.

Christina was also amazed when I said I would prefer class 95 and gold 90fm songs to modern songs. Heehee, perhaps I am now officially an old lady of the 80s.

All in all, the meet up does rekindle my zeal in planning for my wedding. What made me more at ease is that I have a very good O friend and a bunch of friends to help me with it so that I can have a peace of mind during this entire journey to being a wife.

On another platform, I am all equipped should my groom and I come head to head with a lot of arguments for our wedding. The first came 2 days ago- and it has nothing to do with our views on the wedding; it is of his opinion that I have neglected him because my entire mind is on our finances and the wedding.

But like all squabbles and arguments, we settle them all hand in hand and amicably. Just like what an ex-colleague of mine told me when her fiance was about to face a jail sentence, "If we are unable to face this together, how would we be able to face worse things in future and walk on together?"

No comments:

Post a Comment