Friday 18 July 2014

Bridesmaids' dress

Finally caught up with my videographer. He is Pang from Gorilla Pictures. He apologised for being too busy to reply to my emails and also updated me on how he is going to quit to do a movie instead. I am so happy for him and also grateful because he promised to only prepare for his movie after my wedding. And he has given me a very good quote too! The cheapest so far! I am so happy for that.

Now, since we have already gotten the ties for the groomsmen, I was thinking it should be better for me to settle on the bridesmaids' dresses asap too. So after digging out some information from my ex-colleague about where she got her bridesmaids' dresses, I proceeded to pop by there to take a look too. Unfortunately, the shop is closed for good and the nearest to what I had wanted was way too expensive and out of my budget.

So I decided to go to Qoo10 to browse. Hey, I know what you are saying, that I am too cheapskate to get my bridesmaids' dress from an online marketing store. But I beg to differ because there are simply too many choices there and the variety is perfect for me to pick and choose. And I found this:

http://shineeshop.com/0308/NB33-6066.jpg

What do you guys think? I think it is sweet and the most important thing is the flair skirts made it easy to move around. Sam was okay but Chris was laughing. It was then that I knew I made a mistake. I only picked what I think would look good but not to my bridesmaids' tastes. I thought it was okay since they would not be wearing it again anyways but deep down, although I make the choice, they have to be comfortable too.

So Sam sent me a picture and Chris and Sam both commented on how this is more to her taste.

http://www.lovebonito.com/26-bridesmaids

My concern about this dress was first, it looks so uncomfortable. The fact that is a toga dress makes it hard to move around and the lack of 'protection' might make my bridesmaids tired to always think about protecting their modesty.

But you know what, they deserve to look pretty. They are helping me in my wedding and they should look beautiful in the dresses I picked for them. So this toga it should be. But one thing I am concerned about though, is if the turquoise matches the ties of the groomsmen I have bought. Sickening turquoise has so many shades!

I was also thinking of a Greek goddess look for them. Something like a chiffon dress with that soft feel to it, totally matches the garden theme. My first look at this toga dress was that it is so off my garden theme! But after a careful look and a more precise thought given to it, I think this toga dress DOES fit the Greek goddess look and adds to the garden theme. It is afterall, chiffon too. So I guess I will not be shopping too much for another version of the bridesmaids' dress.

Heehee, I can be a lazy bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment