Friday 25 July 2014

Fatigue

Sorry for the lack of posts for almost the entire week. Work has been a drag and after the saga with the Taiwan bridal studio, I think I am having a withdrawal symptom and want to get my career back on track whilst planning my finances for the wedding.

I know that I have this tendency to always be super enthusiastic about something then have my interest level dwindle down quickly if I jump into it so damn fast. Right now, I am wide awake at 9+am in the morning of a Saturday and dreading it because I've made an appointment with the venue's events manager at 12noon. And everyone knows, my Saturdays are my sleep in days. Argh.

I must say that planning for a wedding is fun, especially when it is yours. But the jotting down of finances here and there, then wrecking your brains on what to choose, how to cut cost from here and then to have everything you want and be able to afford it is so damn tiring! Coming from a bride-to-be, I can tell you, never plan for a wedding, nope don't even start to think about it when you are so financially tight. I am taking it so hard now.

Just last night, we went to buy 2 really expensive pillows for our new place and will have to plan for another 2 to buy when we move to his place, (we have plans to sleep over at my place on the weekdays and then his place on the weekends after the wedding) And to my horror, I have this anxiety building up inside me when I realised I have not planned for the budget for 4 expensive pillows! Then I dread going back to the excel sheet and keying in the costs of these pillows and seeing the total sum jump.

Hours later when I'll be at the wedding venue surveying the place with Chris, I have to prepare the deposit for the booking because due to Chinese custom, it'll be unlucky to make payment for anything of your wedding during the 7th month Hungry Ghost festival and it'll  be start of this festival tomorrow!

I am so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment