Saturday 5 July 2014

That perfect hairstyle

I have been to enough weddings in recent years to see what kind of hair styles our local artists and stylist can come up with. Honestly, they are nothing special and if I should recall any, they seem to all look the same to me. In the day, it would be the half pumped up top to create that volume and in the evening, it would be the side swept plaits to the side.

After looking up some of the hair styles online, I figured it really doesn't matter which one I choose, because if the stylist doesn't know how to style it according to the picture, all that planning and researching will be fruitless.

So in order for that not to happen, I guess I still have to choose my perfect hair style then throw the picture at the stylist and get him to learn from youtube. Haha!

I guess you already know my theme is the garden theme. But last night, I found out from my dream venue that the date that I would like is already fully booked. So Andy and I had to jump to my 2nd choice. The thing about Andy is he is really cool about my choices and I'm glad that he likes the 2nd choice too. So I dropped the manager an email; hopefully the 21 March 2015 is still opened or I might have to change to name of this blog in order to accommodate the venue and theme that I want.

So garden theme it is until the heavens decide otherwise.

Having a garden theme wedding would also mean that my hair accessories and hair style have to match it, and what better and simpler than flowers and plaits?

http://koujiancj.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/wedding-hairstyles-flowers-8.jpg

http://www.hairstyleideas4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/wedding-hair-accessories-hair-flowers-1.jpg

I can't decide if I would like small flowers here and there about my hair like the first picture or one or 2 big ones pinned to bottom right of the head. For starters though, having white flowers in the head for Chinese women are bad omen because you only wear a single white flower in your hair when you are mourning. For I guess having many small ones or 2 big ones don't really fit the bill right? No wonder so many brides I know opt for the tiara instead.

I generally have protruding jaw, but the rest of my head is pretty small which makes my face kinda flat if you should shoot a picture of me from the side; because of this ugly side of me, I don't bun up my hair coz it leaves a lot of exposure on the lower part of my face. I would need volume in my hair (which I don't too) so if I would need to tie up my hair, I would need to do it in a pony tail or in a large chunk way like the 2 pictures above.

http://hairstylenyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/wedding-hairstyles-with-flowers-pinterest-2.jpg

Oh oh! Maybe I can go with my hair not done up! In that way, my face would not looked like it has been flatten by iron. I like the hair style in the picture with ruffled plaits. One concern though, is if my hair is thick enough to successfully bring about this look. Hmm, power to the hair stylist then!

As for the evening time, I would like my hair to be down and comfy but I would still like to keep that dreamy, fairy-like look to suit my flowy skirts in my gowns. And I found this!

http://www.longhairstyle-ideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/wedding-hairstyles-for-long-hair-flowers-ideas.jpg
And this is it! My evening look! What do you guys think? Perhaps though, I might take away the 2 flowers in the hair because having flowers in my hair for the entire day might be a little too overboard. By then, I could put in diamond-studded hair clips like this:

http://www.weddingclan.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/image_title_5gdpw.jpg
And finally, this brings me to the choosing of veils. Again, the availability of veils depends on the bridal boutique that I choose. While the bride only wears it for that few hours on the wedding day before changing to the tea dress, it is one of the most overlooked item on a bridal list (at least, in my opinion).

I  guess according to my mermaid dress, the veil will have to be as plain as possible. And (again, in my opinion) a short veil is as ugly as nuts, especially those than ends just slightly below the shoulders.

http://www.elegantgowns.com/store/catalog/images/medium/bridal-veil-7-901-C.jpg
http://image.dhgate.com/albu_208861818_00/1.0x0.jpg
Hmm, I am  not sure about the length though but the plain look is exactly what I want on the veil. Especially the one on the 2nd picture, the bride in it is wear a mermaid dress with the fin-like laces which I adore, the plain veil makes the entire look so perfect.

Ok, just some more updates:

Chris and Sam have both agreed to be my bridesmaids! Yeah! And most importantly, Chris has also volunteered to be my wedding planner! In that way, I can not only save tons of money which can be used in other things but also have a friend do it for me, would make it more memorable. Just that I was holding things back because I had wanted them to fully enjoy the wedding, to just eat and drink to their fill. But dear Chris said for me, anything; and that planning for my wedding is something she will enjoy too. My heart just swelled with gratitude.

I have also asked Mervin to bake my wedding cake and he has so sweetly told me that he will not charge me. On my heart, I made it a note to give him a super big ang bao for being so kind.

My God, planning for this wedding has made me become so much more grateful and appreciative of everyone around me. A big thank you to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment