Tuesday 29 July 2014

Songs for march in (part 1)

I was googling on suitable songs for my march in during the wedding dinner and solemnization and the first website that appeared was this: http://www.kiasubride.com/top-wedding-march-in-songs

The first song that struck me as suitable was A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson and parts of the song started to play in my mind but then, very quickly Kelly Clarkson's weeping face appeared and I cringed. Haha! I can't walk down the aisle thinking about her face from American Idol!

I need a song that has the crescendo with the loud and high sounds of violins that can make your hearts burst with emotions. I did a quick listen through the entire list and can't help but laugh at a few. What the hell, Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison is among the top 10 list! How comical would that be if you were to walk down the aisle to this song! Haha!

And the conventional and common Canon in D and Bridal March are too yesterday already. But a few other songs do catch my eye. I really like Shania Twain's From This Moment, somehow though, I felt that it is very common too.

So I finally pick For the First Time by Kenny Loggins and The Day I Fall in Love by Dolly Parton and James Ingram. I am not really a huge fan of all 3 singers but I do listen to their songs. Like I've said, I want a class 95 or gold 90fm feel to my march-in that everyone can relate the song to and feel the hype as we walk in hand in hand to everyone's applause.

Now is to wait for the Ah Lau's green light and opinions on the above songs then I can download and cut the song to where I would like and viola! I can finally proceed to find other songs for the dinner.

One thing's for sure, I can't wait to have a few Chinese and Malay songs in there. Stay tune for my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment