Thursday 10 July 2014

Budgeting with a good wedding-planning template

I did not know or have a gauge on how much I need to spend and who to invite. I just had a rough figure on this and that so I decided that I need a template to help me work everything out.

Some templates created are too simple whereas some are just not adequate for coverage. Then I found a template called The Smart Bride by an AU website. I must say that although it is a template more catered to the western style, it is very comprehensive for usage.

For readers who are interested in it, here is the link http://www.thesmartbride.info/organiser.html

Having the calendar makes planning easier. There are also a lot of other helpful details such as resources (which I really like, especially the part about speeches). The budget part is has been done up with much thought particularly with the break down for groomsmen, bridesmaid and entertainment etc.

I deleted a few irrelevant items because I am not having a hens party nor an engagement party, so for those of you who want them, this budgeting will do just right.

I also like it that there are 2 tabs for guests list so I can put in names tentatively and then later plan for who are definitely coming for the wedding and who are not. And then it brought about some kind of revelation that those of my friends with lots of kids will absolutely benefit from attending weddings because they bring their entire clan and would only pay for 1, at most, 2 people's share of ang bao. Not that I mind, but like all brides, we have to maximise our returns. No wonder after such tedious and miserly planning, most brides pray that it doesn't rain during their wedding or old folks would say they are stingy brides.

*Fingers crossed it doesn't rain on my wedding day for people to say that about me*

Haha!

But if you ask me, I don't really mind that much because having kids at a wedding is a happy thing, the sound and nosies they make do make the occasion more lively. As for the returns, well I have no hope that we can take back, let alone make from our wedding. I just want to have a memorable wedding and definitely one that I want without making too many compromises.

So after keying in the prices of this and that, I got a shock because the costs just rocketed sky high. Right now, the excel sheet shows a whopping $46,269 after taxes and I have yet to search for bridal studios, video and photographer.

He says it is okay to just key in everything first because it would be good for us to see everything from a bird's eye view and then eliminate items that we can do without. But I am already feeling exasperated with the high amount and I am damn sure I have nothing in there that I want to compromise on.

Therefore, the only way is to first save as much as we can, then see how much we can borrow from the bank and speculate from our ang baos, pay back the bank and lastly then see which are the items we need to do without. From my guess, I might do without the band, then the emcee and finally, maybe the videographer. Oh well, hopefully we can have all of these in without burning a huge hole in our pockets.


No comments:

Post a Comment