Sunday 20 July 2014

Decided on a bridal studio!

God! We sat through the most tedious, mind-wrecking, temper-curbing 2.5 hours of shitty bridal package talk ever!

The organizer is a taiwan-based photography company and I must say it's my mistake for allowing them to corner us all because I was nice enough to just give in for a quote.

Finally, I blew up. Too tired and upset at being exploited and perhaps being a little too silly at being too polite, I gave up being Ms Nice and we walked away.

These stupid 2 and a half hours could have been better spent looking at other bridal studio booths at the bridal exhibition at Suntec. At the end of the day, with just about an hour or 2 left before we are off to our Buddhist class, I took the lead, did a quick calculation in my head, bargained a little here and there and proceeded to pay a $2k deposit on the next bridal booth. 

Partly due to my fatigue and frustration from battling a hard-selling Taiwanese 陈大哥, I took to the soft-spoken Jackie from Beautiful Love. His colleagues were also not pushy and were kind to me too. 

Also very much like Grace Image, the first bridal studio I went to who prized themselves as a local designer, Beautiful Love too offered me a competitive rate and threw in a lot of freebies and stuff. And after I did my math and thought of the impending exhausting meetings with more bridal studios, and my future husband being so understanding and respecting my decision that I jumped into it and we paid the deposit.


Having only seen 2 bridal studios, I felt it was enough for me to determine what I want. Here is a quick checklist:

- a guarantee that the actual day dresses are able to cover up my tattoos with alterations at no extra costs

- no model-like poses for my wedding album ie those look-at-sky, gaze-into-the-distance types

- no problem about paying for ampoule and eyelashes but they must be good quality

- at least a change of 4 dresses and looks for the album

- the groom is able to have 2 suits and another jacket for the actual day

Beautiful love is able to give me a good deal but I don't know if I am able to put it on this post but all in all, I compromised a bit here and there, they gave me more things here and here then poof! I signed up for the package.



No comments:

Post a Comment