Wednesday 2 July 2014

That perfect dress

We all know that searching for that perfect wedding dress is not easy- there are simply too many choices to choose from.

For me, it was only recently that I found out that I look good in mermaid dresses because it accentuates my lower body, making me not look too short and dwarfy; puffy shirts make me look shorter than I already am. So these few days, I have been surfing the net for some ideas on the perfect dress!

Ok, for starters, I already know I can't wear a bustier one because of the huge-ass back tattoo that I have, so my entire back has to be covered. I choose to go with lace since it can hide my tattoos and I have always have a thing for lace (hee). The amount of lace cannot be too intricate because of the garden theme that I have chosen for the wedding. Hence, here are some of my findings:


http://www.hibridal.com/2815-7010-thickbox/sleeved-mermaid-see-through-wedding-gown-all-lace.jpg

http://www.ogotoshop.com/images/dress/4474/Lace-High-Neckline-Short-Sleeves-Pick-Up-Mermaid-Pink-Wedding-Dress-with-Brush-Chapel-Train-WWDS1868-01.jpg

I like the lace on the first gown that makes it so garden-like, totally fits my theme! But then again, the second one has this flair out fin-like laces attached which is something to die for too! And then just when I decided to just scroll down some more, I found a few more that could probably be just my dream dress. 


http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1643870251_1/2014-New-Arrival-Vintage-Small-font-b-Mandarin-b-font-font-b-Collar-b-font-Organza.jpg
http://p.mefond.com/600x800/20130213034238442/white-Charmeuse-Cheongsam-Mermaid-Sweep-Crystal-Embroidery-Sexy-Fishtail-Wedding-Dress.jpg

Ok, since I am a Chinese, I think going with a gown with a Chinese collar might be good too. The first one has a little of mixed Chinese and Western feel to it which I think is suitable because it is not too Chinese-y which could make me look like someone made-in-china. As for the second one, it might be wonderful for my garden theme because of the flowers which contrasts with the greenery of the theme. I think that a gown with some colour on top of the white would look special. 

And finally, I found this:

http://www.hibridal.com/1234-2219-thickbox/simple-bodice-modest-high-collar-wedding-gowns-with-cap-sleeves.jpg

What do you guys think of this final one? Although it has no lace at all, its simplicity just make it so perfect for the relax-feel that I want my wedding to be. One reason I chose the garden-theme was because it has an easy-breezy feel to it, not like one at a hotel where everyone is in a suit and tie, flat-combed hair and too much hair spray. This dress is all silky totally brings out the informal and tranquility of the entire atmosphere of the theme. 

Getting a wedding dress that can cover all my tattoos is not easy. Getting the evening gown that can cover all my tattoos is harder! It has to have a different look as the white dress but it has also fit the theme of the wedding. Most importantly, it has to make me look special and comfortable. 

I found these:

http://www.voguequeen.com/images/dresses/prom/20120926/a-line-queen-anne-floor-length-natural-waist-with-beading-chiffon-evening-dress_1209140021.jpg

http://www.thecelebritydresses.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x

http://www.womens-partydresses.com/photo/pl1889730-appliqued_elie_saab_long_evening_party_dresses_with_long_sleeves_evening_gowns.jpg

The pumped-up skirts are definitely still a no no and I also think that by the late evening, I would already be too bloated and tired to suck in my tummy to fit into another mermaid dress, so I would like a flowy skirt, something light and comfortable. The first one is perfect because I like the sleeves, it is also a sweetheart neck-lined that would be a contrast to my white gown. The second one is wonderful too. Just look at the blithe yet elegant look it gives. The final one is also perfect if I decided not to go with a laced white gown for the day. But I am not sure about the colours for all three though. My favourite colour is pink but wearing pink in a wedding traditionally means the bride is the concubine- not good in my context I must say. Oh well, who knows, I might decide to go with it if I look good in it.


http://img.bizgoco.com/upload/20130620/AEE57_Elegant_Short_Sleeve_Chiffon_Evening_Dresses.jpg

http://www.onlinepromdress.com/upfile/Occasion%20Dresses/Evening%20Dresses/Pleated
http://www.dorisqueen.com/555-3438-thickbox/dorisqueen-manufacturer-selling-off-shouler-cap-sleeves-long-white-evening-gown-bridesmaid-dresses-30816.jpg

And the flowy skirts continue...

I like the modesty of the second one and the tried one is just gorgeous with the pleats and folds (though I'm not sure about the mermaid style still).

Traditional evening gowns with just one colour are pretty much out dated although still very much worn and chosen. I think the first gown with its hidden patterns inside looks really special and in a way, fits the garden-theme too. Maybe I could pick it for my solemnization dress? Hmm...

Oh my! My eyes are going blurry by just looking and relooking at these dresses!

For a Chinese customary wedding, the bride has to return to her parent's home after serving tea to her in-laws. The habitual practice is when the bride has to wait 3 days before returning but modernly, the bride returns on the same day. She has to have a change of dressing to signify this and most of the time, she returns wearing her traditional costume which is usually a cheongsum, a kua skirt or in my case, I chose the Peranakan Nonya costume because my Dad and Mom are half Peranakans.

I found this shop that sells quality Nonya costumes and the prices are also pretty much within my spending power because I would be needing to buy for my immediate female relatives for my family and that is my Mom and my Grandma. I have decided to go with a red colour Kebaya but the yellow Sarong is terrible to match in my opinion. The Sarong usually matches the flower designs on the Kebaya and it should be pink. Oh well, I guess I will worry about that later.

For traditional Chinese Kua, the mother of the bride usually wears a Black one and the Grandma wears a Gold one. I think that Ah Ma would look bad in yellow or gold because she has very tanned skin, so I chose a green one for her and the black one with a phoenix would be ideal for my Mom.

http://www.littlenyonyabatik.com/#!product/prd1/2370769841/butterfly-in-red-kebaya.-size-xs
http://www.littlenyonyabatik.com/#!product/prd1/1792689075/orange-flower-in-olive-green-kebaya.-size-xl

http://www.littlenyonyabatik.com/#!product/prd1/1984401195/orange-peacock-in-black-kebaya.-size-s

Oh, I have also forgotten I would be needing a cocktail dress for my solemnization! I wonder just how many dresses I would be needing that day if an ideal just keeps popping up. My husband-to-be would probably be needing to rob the bank. Haha!

I was surfing through the net for a cute cocktail dress that can not only (again) hide my tattoos, but also exude a light and bubbly feel to it. Then bam! I chanced upon this dress worn by Selena Gomez.

http://www.babyonlinedress.com/images/201305/goods_img/13662_P_1368743097513.jpg

Of course the back would have to be covered but I think it looks just the thing for solemnization which is to be held in a garden lawn with a canopy where the bride and groom take their vows amongst friends and family seated in a semi-circle around them. Perhaps I am able to hide my ankle tattoos (yes I have them on my legs too) with nude stockings and nude pumps.

Last but not least, would be one of the few of the most important people for the day- my bride maids. Since the colour of the theme is teal or turquoise, I would be choosing this colour for their dresses!

http://www.weddingbells.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/TURQUOISE.jpg

http://ruffledblog.com/vintage-wedding-blog/turquoise-bridesmaid-dresses.jpg

 They will be helping out like mad for the entire day, thus I figured their dresses must be as comfortable as possible. The dresses must also make them feel special and needed, not cheap and by-the-way kinda thing. I guess the first one would be excellent for evening and the day, they could do with the second dress.

Alrightly, that pretty much sums up all the dresses I would be needing for my wedding and all the choices streamed down to what I really want for that special day. I don't think I can get dresses exactly the same as all of the above but I genuinely hope that at least I can find similar ones that wouldn't compromise on my needs and wants.

*Fingers crossed*!

No comments:

Post a Comment