Tuesday 15 July 2014

First bridal studio hunting and the right shade of blue-green

Saturday was our first time at a bridal studio TOGETHER and boy was it a bad experience. I’d always thought that people working in bridal studios are hard-selling sales people and I know they will do anything to make you stay and secure a deal. But this one, Grace Image along Tan Quee Lan Street was one hell of a hard seller.  Not only was she adamant on how good her package deal was, she also did not allow me to try on a dress.

I promptly asked Christina if this was the practice and she said no. She also firmly told me to try on a dress before I put in any deposit.

But one thing for sure, this bridal studio does offer one of the best deals; only thing was they don’t offer a car on the actual day.

Also, the lady boss being a designer of all her gowns would be able to do add ons complimentary for me. This, I am damn sure is a good offer because given the extensive amount of tattoos on my back and arm, I do need a lot of coverage on the gown and I do not want to pay for it if possible. 

I would love to be able to hop on Grace Image's wagon and just go ahead with her service but being unable to try on the dresses (more like she didn't offer me to) and the lack of the wedding car held me back. Christina says that people usually go back to the first studio at the end of the day. Oh well, as soon as my stamina for bridal studio hunting runs out, I might go for Grace Image but for the time being, the hunt continues.

So before trying our best to run away from Grace Image's head on hard selling, we were at the push cart section of Bugis Junction to look for that particular push cart that sells all sorts of ties at a cheap price. In the end, we got our loot at only $30 for 4 ties. We wanted only 2 groomsmen but decided to get 1 more extra tie just in case and 1 black one for his daily use. 


The ties are turquoise for sure but I would have thought that turquoise is more of a greener shade. So I took our my old trusty and favourite set of colour pencils and proceeded to pick out a few shades and colour them. The colours look faint in this picture but thankfully the tie is not too blueish in colour because they would be totally off my scale. 

If you can see the thin line of green on the black box, it is then the shade that I want. However, how far it is from turquoise, I only got to find out that day! So I guess that colour that I want is not turquoise because it is more blue than green. The exact shade that I want is blue-green. 

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4
As you can see, the above 3 shades are all in the cyan family but the right shade that I am looking at is number 3. Oddly, when I googled for the right shade, number 3 says it is Tiffany blue though it is more a balanced shade of both colours. But the ties that we have bought is clearly number 4. So I'll be damned if I get my brides maid's dresses in that shade. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment