Thursday 31 July 2014

Songs for march in (part 2)

So glad to be able to watch through most of the suitable songs for march-in on youtube couple of days ago. We were snuggled up in bed and listening while thinking which part of the song should be suitable for the first step to be taken as the door opens. As spoken, I would want a big impact sort of entrance and it would be perfect with dry ice and lot of flowers. Heehee!

We did not go with The Day I Fall in Love by Dolly Parton and James Ingram because the song is too slow and Ah Lau doesn't really like that song. He however, likes For the First Time by Kenny Loggins, just that in turn, I find it impact-less. After googling a little more, I found N sync's This I Promise You and Shania Twain's From this Moment; a little too common I know and somehow I think it has been used so many times in weddings that it is kind of duh. But all in all, we like the latter, especially it having that umpff that I want.


We were thinking of cutting the song and playing it from 2.10 onwards where there is a crescendo when the door will open then and we will walk out. It seems perfect and our tedious job was done only then I found out that cutting it from there will make it sound weird so I am not sure if we might go ahead with this song after all. 

We however, have picked our 2nd march-in song and it'll be For the First Time by Kenny Loggins because Ah Lau likes this song and it is mild and romantic enough for the 2nd entrance. 


And oh! We have to pick a song for the solemnization march-in with my Dad and one that is suitable for the band to play... Uhhhhhh....

No comments:

Post a Comment