Thursday 5 February 2015

The proposal

I know it's odd but yes, Ah Lau proposed only after we have met our parents, asked for my hand, prepared the 过大礼 stuff and taken our wedding photos -_-"

It came so late because we actually talked about marriage way before anything. I finally knew when someone says 'he is the right one'- I couldn't tell if Ah Lau really is the right one but I just knew I wanted to marry him. He too often joked how much he wanted me as his wife and so on.

So here I am blogging about the proposal which I thought would never happen because of all the delays, something went wrong with the ring, it wasn't the one I'd wanted blah blah blah.

He mentioned he would only propose officially on a special day. I was thinking V day and told him how far it is and poked him on being quick or I would run away with someone else.

Then when we were on our way to Coffee Club at Bugis to while away the time until the stroke of midnight to celebrate my 34th birthday (I met him when I was 31), he actually had everything planned. The devil chocolate cake emerged at 12am with the help of the staff at coffee club when I was in the midst of lecturing Ah Lau and his business techniques. I was all smiles of cause and cried too coz I was super guilty about lecturing him few minutes before a sweet birthday surprise but after the birthday song, when I proceeded to cut the cake, I was still oblivious to the ring sitting beside a strawberry.

Ah Lau was clearly bewildered and took the knife from me to cut out a slice for me and I allowed him. And when I saw the ring, I think I yelled a "Oh my God!" and cried as Ah Lau went nervously on one knee and asked if I would marry him. He was smiling but I could tell his words came out jagged because his teeth was chattering. I hugged him but I couldn't remember saying yes. I think I nodded with my nose in his ear sniffing back my mucus and all, to the awwwws and envy sighs of the staff of coffee club (a big thank you to you all!)

So that concluded my proposal. I was wishing it would be romantic with birds and cranes flying around or a dog running to me with the ring tied to his collar or maybe a remote control helicopter flying towards me and dropping the ring on my lap... Haha! But I was touched and am really grateful for Ah Lau whom does no thing romantic or has ever done any in his life (except the occasional roses) to arrange for such a pleasant surprise on my 24th... I mean 34th birthday.

Holding back my tears 

Contrary to my instagram caption, I wasn't cutting the ring. The cake was simply too frozen. 

Low and behold! My ring beside a strawberry, hidden by the leaf of white chocolate. I later reaslied it was a raspberry and not a strawberry.

I do lah!

Nope, he didn't add roses to propose, but he got me roses the next day as my birthday gift

No comments:

Post a Comment