Tuesday 26 August 2014

Photographer [checked]

Just made a deposit for the photography for my wedding day. One thing more ticked from the check list. Whew!

My journey of looking for a suitable photographer wasn't easy. Those that you googled from would usually be expensive. A close friend of mine, Lloyd who is the un-disputed videographer of a private institute told me never to trust someone who can do both the vid and photo at the same time. So that is off my grid. Kind Chris as my wedding planner did find me a person who can offer both services (although not done by him alone) and his price is pretty okay, just that of cause, there are those usual plus this, plus that to make the original package no attractive anymore.

So Lloyd introduced a pretty good photographer to me and after looking at his works, I must say that he is totally not my style. Firstly, he uses far too many shots with fish-eye lens and he likes to capture shots that are too candid and anyhow. I proceeded to tell him about the style that I want and he promised he can skip all of the above to give me what I want. And since he is recommended, I did not prob too much into what he can or what he can't do.

Everything was okay and I was about to transfer the deposit only to find out from a text from him that he couldn't' commit to my wedding date. I then asked him for a recommendation and he gave me Dennis Ong's link, with strong reference that Dennis is definitely able to give me what I want. After a good look into Dennis's works, I must say how true it is.

Here are the list of things that are a definite no-no.

- no jump shots
- no silly shots of the groom doing an 'adoken' Ryu move and his grooms men are all blown away
- no pulling of faces to make silly expressions
- no shooting of teary moments (I might cry that day)
- no shouting of "huat ah!" and pumping fists into the air shots
- not too many black and white shots
- not too many fish-lens shots

Here is Dennis Ong's website if you guys are interested. By the way, he won some young photographer of the year award in 2012.

http://dennisongphotography.com/weddingsphotographysingapore/

No comments:

Post a Comment