Thursday 14 August 2014

Ridiculous price for air brushing cover up tattoos

I am pretty torn between spending a bomb on air brushing my tattoos for my wedding day versus using just normal albeit heavy weight make up to do the cover up because it is cheaper.

I tried to read up some information on using concealer and then liquid foundation to do the job but I always forgot that the big piece on my back is too huge for a small tube of concealer; not to mention there is another black-blue piece on my upper arm.

So in order to get a feel of how much I would be needing to fork out for air brushing, I wrote to ask for a quote from one of the top websites on the first page when you goggle "tattoo cover up make up singapore" and the quote was ridiculously high. I told the make-up artist on my difficulty on paying that amount just for 1 day's event. I must say that her sales pitch via whatapps was pretty mundane and I only took to her because I was lazy to find other vendors to do it for me.

She said the usual her stuff is from USA, needs more than 3 hours to do the job right etc. And when I told her I do not need a full cover up since my dress is not backless, she replied to say that it is better to do the whole thing because the dress will move around as I walk.

Thank goodness I made an effort to text another make-up artist who offered me half of the price. She was not good in English but at least she bothered to ask me if there is a need to do full cover up to which I said no. She then asked to see my dress and I happily sent a picture of a dress that is similar to what I have in mind and she then promptly agreed that there really is no need to do full cover up.

So I gladly arranged to see her on Saturday and get a better idea on how exactly she is going to the air brush my back and make me acceptable and fit to be a bride.

For anyone who is interested to get to know her services, this is her website http://glamorosamakeup.com/the-studio/

No comments:

Post a Comment