Sunday 23 November 2014

Panic for nyonya kebaya

OMG!

Panic attack!

I forgot that my Peranakan costume is included in  my photo shoot on the 19th Dec! Ah Lau and I are totally strapped for cash and I am embarrassed to say that I'd planned for more than I can afford. Ermm... okay that is story for another day.

So I have to quickly buy or rent a set for the photo shoot and wedding, by the looks of it after searching online, buying would be my best choice because rental will make everything go haywire with the alteration and this fits, that doesn't fit.

My mum just came back from KL not long ago and took pictures of so many nyonya kebayas and sarongs but what is the use? It is silly to take a flight there or a 4 hours coach there just to buy a kebaya. So I decided to write to http://www.littlenyonyabatik.com for help. I also chanced upon a small peranakan stall right in the middle of People's park complex which sells quite good kebayas, only thing is, it's the same price as little nyonya and I might as well just write to the latter first.

Speaking of my kebaya, I was thinking of a red one but since my evening gown is already red, I think a pink one should be better instead of looking like a red packet from head to toe in the afternoon and in the evening.

Here is what I have found and I really like the colour combination so much. Hopefully, little nyonya has it so it is one load off my mind. Fingers crossed!

Can't find the link to this pic (sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment