Thursday 20 November 2014

One does not stop loving someone because of money

Ok, finally spoke to my Dad about Ah Lau's status and so on and so forth. My Dad teared and I cried buckets to my Da Sao's silence, my bro's helplessness and my Mum's talking to which I think none of us were listening to.

I guess it is inevitable that I have to break the news to my Dad (I didn't expect him to cry), but I know that deep down, whilst he really is not totally at ease with my choice of husband, I know he will still give me his blessings and I am determined to make sure Ah Lau steps up to it.

Just now, Ah Lau and I were calculating our budget for the wedding and I am so glad that my family offered to help. I know his family would too if they could. I find myself often getting mad at having to share certain things and argue about money with him until I read Tony Parson's Catching the Sun. He said that one does no stop loving someone because of money and I guess somewhere along our journey into our impending marriage, I had forgotten about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment