Thursday 5 March 2015

The importance of cold dish

I cannot stress the importance of cold dish during a Chinese wedding dinner. It is one of... no THE most critical dish of the night. Whether the rest of the dinner goes well or not depends on this one dish - its combination, its wide variety and the particular dish of the 5 dishes in this appetiser.

For Faber Peak, they offered us the prawn salad, baby octopus, crab cake with mango and the smoked duck breast (my earlier post about it here). In that post, I talked about how the smoked duck breast cheapened the entire dish and the entire dinner I must say, so I asked for change.

I have gotten word from my events manager today that they would be able to change the smoked duck breast to my first choice if suckling pig at no extra charge! Yippie!

Here is a picture of what could be my cold dish on my wedding day. Looking at it is already making me salivate...

https://thehappiestday.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-51

No comments:

Post a Comment