Monday 2 March 2015

Serving dinner to the photographer / videographer or no?

I called Lloyd, a good friend of mine who has been working as a free-lance videographer for weddings so many years if I should give up 2 seats to the videographer and photographer during the dinner? He said it is not mandatory and that both of them would know to eat before the arrive for the dinner. So being a 'normal' bride, I was thinking not to offer them seats during the dinner, because that would be taking up 2 seats and therefore 2 ang baos (I know, I know, I am stingy). I was also at my wits end because I am offering Rui, my air brush artist a seat because I asked if she could swing by for a 2nd touch up before my 2nd march-in. Her reply was I might as well give her a seat and so I did.

So imagine my surprise when my photographer wrote me an email to say that he is a vegetarian and it would be good if he can only have vegetarian fried rice, nothing expensive and fanciful. I was guilty as hell after reading his email! How can I be so stupid and stingy! Of cause they have to eat! After all, the solemnization is at 6pm, they can't possible eat at 4.30pm and expect their dinner to last their tummy till 10pm!

So I am arranging for Spuds and Aprons for a pasta dinner for both my videographer and photographer since Faber Peak would most likely not be cooking just 2 sets of fried rice for them. God forgive me for being not being mindful enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment