Sunday 18 January 2015

Photo picking (1)

On Friday, Ah Lau and I were excited (or maybe it was just me?) went to pick photos for the wedding album. All the pictures taken by Jeffrey from Beautiful Love were pretty well taken. Except for a few where my buck teeth was so obvious that I cringed just looking at them and some where Ah Lau looked like his smile was as stiff as anything (he was having a bad tummyache on that day), out of the 136 photos, I just deleted all of the rejected ones and was left with 98.

I was kind of excited as spoken, to be able to see all these nice photos and with us dressed in such nice clothes and with such beautiful scenery, only to be slapped with a $9k bill. I was like WTF! And when the manager pointed out in the small print of the agreement that I have signed that says $95 for every additional photos on top of the 30 poses in 10 pages of album that are already in the package, I was about to flip the table, computer and keyboard and all.

Since it is Ah Lau's 2nd marriage, he already knew what we were in for and he had warned me when we were on the way there, but I did not know that it would be an almost $10k bill. I would rather spend the money on a wedding cake or a better venue. So I insisted a big no.

The manager then of cause, tried to sales talk us by giving us a little discount here and there to which Ah Lau and I were very firm. From $9k to $6k with 60 photos. I said no. And then from $6k to $3k to 40 photos and still I said no. What the hell, why must it be 95 freaking dollars for just 1 photo? It just simple photoshop that you are applying and putting it in the album with some sort of layered artwork! And Ah Lau made a good point, why pay so much for an album just to leave it in the cupboard to collect dust?

So 30 poses it was and it still is. All in all, we have 2 dresses in 6 indoor scenes and 3 dresses in 3 outdoor locations. We took the time and really skim through all the photos and picked those that we can leave out. In the end, we kept to the 30 poses by taking equally from the 5 dresses but we had to forego a few of the indoor scenes. A pity but like I've said in my previous posts, I hate these people who print extra shit in small print and not let us know before hand what we were in for, only to throw shit back and expect us to pay.

Okay enough ranting. Despite so much anger and disappointment, Ah Lau and I were still pretty much satisfied with the photos. We picked a beautiful outdoor shot as our portrait photo. Will show you guys when they are ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment