Sunday 11 January 2015

Air brushing trial

I had a trial air brushing session today, what a big difference this session was compared to a prior one with another artist.

The designer with an artistic attitude introduced an air brush artist to me during my initial choosing of dresses and with her endless assurance of how good she is, how her price is reasonable and so on that made me decided to get the red evening bustier as my evening gown. 

Since I am opened to more options, I decided to give this recommended artist a try. And I did. But what a great disappointment she is. She didn't know that she can't put concealer before the air brush and she did so 2 hours later, my tattoos showed up like a rose in a desert. Wth! And the ink that she uses is water-based and not alcohol-based so naturally, it doesn't last. 

So I bounced back to my first choice, Rui who is also cheaper and did my trial in the comforts of my own bedroom. 


Looks good as you can see, it's quite a thorough cover up and Rui even air brushed a white layer as base before the beige colour goes up. Till now, the air brushed colour is still on my shoulder albeit a little being rubbed off coz I was rolling around on the sofa. 

And I like it that Rui asked me to shave my back before the actual day. I laughed at first coz I don't have a hairy back. I'm Chinese for god's sake. But after the trial, I was amazed at how fine hair on my shoulders and back really affected the effect. 


See those grey lines? Those are hair! Without them, it would be perfect. 

One session like this with at least a base of white and 3 layers of skin tone air brushing ink can last for 6 to 8 hours if you don't perspire or scub it. So I booked Rui once in the morning, once in the evening before my solemnization and once more before the 2nd march-in. 

Cost me $550. 

No comments:

Post a Comment