Thursday 22 January 2015

Food tasting at Faber Peak

On the 22nd, Ah Lau and I brought our families for the food tasting as well as for the parents-meeting session for the first time.

A very unnerving moment and Ah Lau and I ended in a fight afterwards but all turned out pretty well during the dinner. The mothers had a lot to say which is pretty expected, the fathers were unusually quiet and the siblings were all polite and on their super supportive mode. Thanks to my 7 year old nephew who not only took the limelight but also lightened up the mood by a mighty lot and helped us all loosen up (no credits to the wine).

I must say that for $1380 per table, the food wasn't fantastic. In fact, my Dad said we are actually paying for the atmosphere and the scenery and view for that price. I could only agree. For a die die don't want hotel and only want garden view mindset, I can only land here with a Chinese dinner. The rest of the other places that offer garden views do not offer a beautiful night scene, either that or only provide western dinner menu.

Anyway, all is too late to do anything, we have already paid 50% of the price and are expecting 18 tables. I think what is most important is that the ballroom is not too packed, is cozy and the meal is nice.

So the food tasting...

The first dish was the cold dish. Everything on that plate was delicious except the stupid duck breast slices. They look like what you'll get at an NTUC supermarket- super low class and totally not worth it. I don't care of it not that at all, because it does look like it.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/save22.com-product-picture/1322196447757-smoked-duck-breast.jpg
Ah Lau and I were given a feedback paper for us to write any damn thing about every dish and so I did. To substitute this, I asked for drunken chicken or suckling pig. Here's hope that they don't ask for top ups. 

Sentosa Leisure Group is one of the companies that does not support sharkfins. I hated the thought of it lah. I mean, what is a wedding without sharkfins? And I don't care about killing sharks and whatever because if those people are so righteous than don't ear meat please. So I tried to push for sharkfins to no avail. And in place, I got some chicken soap with 4 treasures-  namely, scallops, fish maw, superior mushrooms and crab meat (I think). 

The fish was okay, except it was in steamed Teochew style which Christian said was kind of cheap-looking but the dish came out okay and was pretty good, except the fish was almost tasteless. 

Chicken was too overcooked and too small for 10 people. Broccoli with mushrooms has stale taste and broccoli was too big for the usual bite-size. Prawns in yam basket were too little and finally, dessert was too sweet. Except for the noodles, everything was not up to standard. Oh, and I left out one thing, the coke was stale and not gassy too. Argh, as a coke-lover no gas drinks are a big no no. 



No comments:

Post a Comment