Saturday 20 September 2014

Where is that damn car?

I have almost given up looking for that dream car as my wedding car.

http://images.thecarconnection.com/sml/mini_100318525_s.jpg

I'd wanted a mini cooper countryman and chanced upon this website that hosts all sorts of cars for rental. From here, I finally saw the mini cooper that I'd love to have for my wedding.

https://www.drive.sg/rent/Mini-Cooper-Countryman-by-eurokars-399

Except for the bonnet, the colour, size and shape is exactly the one that Ah lau and I would go for. So I proceeded to drop the guys an email to no avail. The rates stated on the website is also weird and I found out that I am forced to rent for a minimum of 3 days instead of just 1.

The only way for me to find out more is to drive all the way to Sungei Kadut's showroom. All this effort to go all the way to there got me so really tired just thinking about it. And that when Chris has kindly offered to even buy one herself so she can lend it to me for my wedding got me to rethink if I really want a mini cooper after countryman after all.

So couple of weeks ago, I looked at a Range Rover Evoque and saw how it totally fitted my idea of a casual yet classy drive.

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/2012-land-rover-range-rover-evoque-5-door-embed-end-photo-375978-s-original.jpg

But to my disappointment, it is too new a car  model to be able to offer renting, although I did find a car rental company that offers it but only in Msia. I am not about ready to put in tons of deposit just to have a car drive in from Msia for 1 day.

Then I recalled I wrote to Ace Drive Team and went back to my email inbox to take a look at their rates.


Ace Drive has been featured on a bridal website. I figured since it is a featured and recommended, I bet the cars they offer are in good, 'drivable' condition and most importantly, they are clean and well-maintained. From the rates above, I bet you can see why I have a sudden turn-off the moment I looked at it. The choices of cars are really too common and too little to choose from. Except for the porsche and mini cooper S which are all 2 seaters, the rest are all luxury and all so very common on the roads. For every 10 wedding cars that you see, 9 are from the list above.

So finally, (almost) admitting defeat, I asked Ah lau to ask his friends to help source for a white car for us. Ah lau was all hands on and ready to help not because he didn't at the beginning but because we agreed to let me decided on all matters on the wedding.

Now, we wait for his friends to see if they can get back to us on borrowing a good car. Otherwise, it is to Ace Drive that we have to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment